Publications and Newsletters
- Office of Emergency Medical Services/Trauma
Operating Report 2006
- This document provides an operating report, organization description and basic statistical characterization of Emergency Medical Services (EMS) in Georgia. The contents of this report are based upon the regulatory records of the Georgia Office of Emergency Medical Services/Trauma, Division of Public Health, Department of Human Resources. The statistical tables are taken from an analysis of statewide Patient Care Reports and other operating data from 2000 through 2005. The statistics in the document provide a baseline for the continuing examination, comparison and improvement of Georgia statewide EMS operations.
- Georgia Emergency Medical Services Information Systems
Strategic Plan 2004-2007
- A comprehensive strategic plan
that provides a roadmap for development and execution of statewide EMS, EMSC,
and trauma systems-related activities over a several-year period; GEMSIS describes
where EMS in Georgia is headed and why.
Adobe pdf format)
in Georgia: Analysis of Trauma System Data
- Provides a basic statistical
characterization of trauma in Georgia utilizing data from the 14 hospitals
participating in the statewide trauma system. The primary data source is National
Trauma Registry American College of Surgeons (NTRACSŪ) data for 2003. The
tables and illustrations in this document have been prepared to provide consistency
with the American College of Surgeons, National Trauma Data Bank (NTDB) 2003
publication. This publication provides a baseline for the examination, comparison
and improvement of the trauma system in Georgia.